Friday 23 October 2015

ICA To All Travellers: Comply With Security Checks



The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority will not hesitate to take firm action against those who refuse to comply with checks, in accordance with the law.

Its officers are empowered by law to conduct travel document and baggage checks on all travellers.

This follows an incident a week ago, when a traveller, “P J Wong” said he was stopped by an ICA officer at Changi Airport for a random luggage check.

He initially claimed he was held back without an explanation. In an effort to save himself from “being dragged away against (his) will”, he started filming the ICA officer with his mobile phone, though he was in a restricted area where photography and videography are not allowed.

In a news release on Friday, ICA reiterated that checkpoints are its "first line of defence, and security checks are critical to safeguard Singapore’s security”.

It added: “Additional checks and/or interviews may be conducted, when necessary."

ICA also noted that there are clear signs to advise travellers on areas where photography and videography are restricted.

The agency said it will not hesitate to take firm action, in accordance with the law, against travellers who refuse to comply with the security checks.

The traveller subsequently apologised for his actions. “I deeply regret that my rant last Thursday about my recent experience at Changi had gone viral,” he wrote on Monday. “I have taken down the post and I seek for understanding and forgiveness for my post and the comments I made. I hope everyone can let this matter rest.”

Source: CNA

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. Checks By Fax Software

    ReplyDelete